Wednesday 27 April 2016

Acquisitions

I didn't mean to post this yet, I'm clearing pictures from my phone and found some yarn I had added to my stash. There are skeins of Hedgehog Fibres sock in an old club colour (Brick Layer - I LOVE these). Then I have some Merino Aran in the lovely speckled grey Construct colourway, these are just fab and did you know, Hedgehog Fibres source their Merino from farms which do NOT employ the vile mulesing system. I thought 'mulesing' was a word for those joins you get in yarns (dodgy logic from me there!), turns out its a barbaric practice of stripping the skin from around the sheep's backside. Makes my stomach hurt thinking about it.. Another good reason to think before I buy yarns and woollen goods.





This last pair is lovely LITLG, the last instalment of their Winter yarn club. I was offered a second skein as a swap by a lovely Raveller (I was delighted!). The colourway is First Flower and is destined to be a cropped lace patterned cardigan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Featured post

The 30 day knitting challenge in one post because I am lazy

Questions and idea from the hero complex via Helenknitsuk 's blog (a Ravelry contact who knits amazing blankets). What was your firs...