Thursday 12 October 2017

Treysta


I finished my Treysta dress a couple of weeks ago! Hooray. It was a bit hard-going on my wrist, the yoke fabric was very dense with my yarn choice (Jamieson's Shetland Heather - aran weight). I switched to a larger needle size immediately after the yoke.
The pattern is by the lovely Jenn Steingass (Knitlovewool), a designer of wonderful decorative yoked jumpers inspired by nature.


Anyway, I did my photos just standing in the back doorway. Doorway pictures work for light and distance when I'm taking pictures on my own. I try to look at the camera but always end up either fixing it with a steely glare, a creepy smile or a world-weary tired look of defeat. So I look up at the sky or down at the ground and look a bit pretentious instead.



Treysta and the dress I copied the shaping from (Scatness Tunic by Kate Davies). Scatness is a cardigan pattern which I made into a dress, it's my most worn knit, I like its loose wearability and the fact that I can layer it over long-sleeved tops and tights.

Contrast colour to cast off, I stole this idea from Patricia of the Knitography vlogs on Youbute (p4chen on instagram), who did this with her Seachange pullover. Patricia also knit up a beautiful tunic dress earlier this year using that really popular floral yoked jumper from issue 2 of Laine magazine.. I can't remember its name. OK, googled it, it's Birkin, I like that name as it reminds me of the word 'berk', a fun British insult. Don't look up the origin of this now tame insult if you're easily offended.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Featured post

The 30 day knitting challenge in one post because I am lazy

Questions and idea from the hero complex via Helenknitsuk 's blog (a Ravelry contact who knits amazing blankets). What was your firs...