Sunday 14 May 2017

Birlinn Blanket again

I finished it! I have about 5 WIPs at the moment and I'm not keen on multiple WIPs (I always say that!). Being a slow knitter I find they play on my mind and sort of slow me down, I find it difficult to focus if I've got 3 out at the same time. I've stashed the others away and made a plan to work on two at a time, although that plan was because of the Hygge CAL and really I'd prefer one at a time!




The Hygge CAL is nearly done now, I'm on week 13, nearly ready to block the shawl and then next week will give the lining instructions. So that will be another finished object and will reduce the WIPs further.


Next to finish will be my Kildalton cardigan, another Kate Davies pattern which I've shortened the body of so it sits at my waist. I'm planning on knitting cropped sleeves too. This one hasn't been hugely enjoyable to knit because I think I hate knitting cables! It's a beautiful design but it's been slow-going and fiddly for me. My brain doesn't seem to find cables easy (and these are simple ones), it's slow-going with me having to double and triple-check each set of cables. The yarn I'm knitting it in is gorgeous, a Blacker Yarns natural coloured Elegance DK held doubled with some Hedgehog Fibres speckled laceweight. Derading picking it up again but very much looking forward to wearing the finished cardigan!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Featured post

The 30 day knitting challenge in one post because I am lazy

Questions and idea from the hero complex via Helenknitsuk 's blog (a Ravelry contact who knits amazing blankets). What was your firs...