Sunday 5 July 2020

Blankets

I've been making quite a few blankets this year so far. I started off crocheting the Spicier Life blanket (Cherry Heart Designs) but really wasn't 100% sure of my colour choices and so 3/4 of the way through making it, I unravelled it. It's ok though! I hooked another! I'm currently working on a granny square blanket inspired by the lovely HGDC podcast and her wonderful granny square mania.
 

This one is the Cherry Heart design, it's lovely and really fun to work on, I was mixing up yarn types though and I didn't like it, perhaps if I'd used only sock yarn + mohair it wouldn't have been unravelled (those were my favourite bits), hey ho.


Granny squares! Lovely granny squares :-) I have enjoyed these as they're bitesize and I can complete one a day if I've a mind to. I've started joining them all together this week and I'm really pleased with how they look, granny squares have got a friendly rustic look to them. 
The other blankets are a third Moder dy hap (Kate Davies) and the Arne & Carlos Quarantine KAL colourwork blanket. The Moder dy I am knitting for my mum's birthday this September and the A&C blanket was an impulse cast-on and was so enjoyable during those first weeks of lockdown. It's on pause at the moment as Carlos got Covid-19, was quite ill with it, and is now dealing with the dreaded post-viral fatigue syndrome. It should be a fun project to work on later this year when I start university again (I'm starting to get nervous!!!). 



Here's my Arne & Carlos blanket, a few of the patches are patterns I've taken from different designers or from google, the yarn is all gorgeous naturally-dyed Norfolk Horn I bought from the Fibre Workshop. And now Robyn is crying so I should go! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Featured post

The 30 day knitting challenge in one post because I am lazy

Questions and idea from the hero complex via Helenknitsuk 's blog (a Ravelry contact who knits amazing blankets). What was your firs...