Monday 11 November 2019

Greis

I started a Greis dress (pattern by Kate Davies, part of her Knitting Season club) after feeling quite swept up in the enthusiasm of Stacy who had been planning her version ever since she saw a photo of Kate wearing the dress at an awards evening. Stacy's dress is absolutely perfect, as is the version knit by Beverley, both knitters have added very useful notes to their projects - I love useful notes, I get annoyed when people on Ravelry leave a low star rating for a pattern and no notes to explain why/warn others of a pattern issue, thanks for that! (not).
Anyway, I wasn't about to buy more yarn to knit this one, luckily I had a cone of J&S 2-ply jumper weight in a lovely rich tea biscuit sort of a shade. Perfect! Knitting began during all the uncertainty about starting university and was quite a comfort.

I've decided to frog the finished garment (I know...) only because it is so massive. I assumed I had chosen my usual needles, sadly I had not and had instead knit the entire garment on 4mm needles. Being a horribly "whatever!" sort of a knitter, I'm OK with this, the yarn will be re-purposed, I had the enjoyment of knitting the design, the comfort of the colours and the wool. Knitting did its job.

Looks fine here doesn't it? Certainly hides the protruding stomach. Well I can tell you, it's way too big, it's like a big sack! A big beautiful sack and even with the temporary baby-related bust enlargement it's not doing me any favours (in my opinion). I'm absolutely NOT fishing for compliments here, just sharing my opinion on my own finished project and the mistake I made/the result. Gauge, tension, swatch, swatch, swatch. I just wrote those final words in the full knowledge that I'll likely not swatch any future projects. I may check the gauge as I'm knitting though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Featured post

The 30 day knitting challenge in one post because I am lazy

Questions and idea from the hero complex via Helenknitsuk 's blog (a Ravelry contact who knits amazing blankets). What was your firs...