Tuesday 1 March 2016

Alice cardi


Made myself another Alice Cardigan. The pattern's by Amy Twigger Holroyd of Keep & Share (a handknit clothing company).
It was a fun knit, would have been more fun if I hadn't underestimated my yarn needs/amounts. I did run out but luckily had used a strand of Hedgehog Fibres Blue Faced Lace (Pheasant) along with the sparkly long discontinued Rowan main colour (Sot Lux, Clover). I had to graft the centre back stitches together with about 5/6 strands of the BF lace!

Anyway, it's warm, chunky, swingy and quite pretty. I'm really pleased with this one. I knit this pattern in 2012 but used a really stiff bulky yarn (I think I knit it up at too tight a gauge in retrospect), the end result wasn't particularly comfy to wear so I gave it away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Featured post

The 30 day knitting challenge in one post because I am lazy

Questions and idea from the hero complex via Helenknitsuk 's blog (a Ravelry contact who knits amazing blankets). What was your firs...